5 Things I Would Tell My 11-Year-Old Self
1. Remember that day you put on eyeliner for the first time ‘cause of peer pressure and then you never put it on again that year? Yeah. Make up will not make you more friends, make you feel any cooler, or become more popular. What counts is already within you.
2. There’s a reason your older cousin forbid 12-year-olds from the obscene dance floor at those ridiculous parties (and you pouted). You’re only a kid once. So act like one. When you get older, society will not allow you to be one again. I promise.
3. Former President Roosevelt said it best, "Comparison is the thief of joy."
4. Although you just started singing, I’m glad you never gave up. You will be amazed at the stories you hear and the people that will make you cry (happy tears) along the way, all because you kept singing.
5. Keep that smile on your face. You’re gonna need it.