Thanksgiving Weekend 2013. North Carolina Hmong New Year.
5 Things You Need to Know About This Picture
1. Hmong New Years feed my soul…and belly. There is so much beauty to be witnessed at a Hmong New Year.
2. My sister, Nancy, is the best partner to have at Hmong New Years. You can’t ever stay too long at a Hmong New Year for Nancy.
3. The hospitality I have always received at the NC Hmong New Year is the sweeeeetest.
4. I am picky about my nab vam. Sometimes, it’s a hit or miss. True for you too?
5. I love to entertain, but for this New Year, my main purpose was to BE entertained. I saw David Yang perform for the first time and watched the last performance ever for the band, Reflections. Bittersweet memories.